Last month I finally got around to creating a newsletter and number of people signed up. I went to send out my first letter this week and everything was gone from my account - my list and all of the subscribers. I am not entirely sure how it happened. However, I believe I have fixed the problem. I have created a new list and did a test run message and everything appears to be working properly now. So, if you had signed up please do so again - and I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I'll be waiting til sometime next week to send out the January message to give people time to sign up again.
And if this is all fresh news to you, I've created a mailing list! I will be sending out a monthly message with an update of what I am working on as well as notifications of any upcoming events, publications, etc. Prior to a shop update I will send out a message with the update day & time as well as preview photos.
Well, the holidays are at last over and the dust has settled. The entire month of December is always such a blur for me. Every year I tell myself I'll have time to do all the things I want to, and it has yet to turn out that way. In all honestly I was not able to do very much work. Now that things are back to normal I have been able to roll up my sleeves again. With a new year comes new ideas and plans and a desire to restructure. In the past I've focused on making a small amount of pieces without any real schedule. Being the ultimate procrastinator, I don't think this system works well for me. I need a deadline. This year I will be setting deadlines for myself in the form of four set shop updates throughout the year. The first shop update will be sometime in mid-March. I'll set a specific day in early March. The following dates will be in June, September, and late November. All the pieces in the update will (more than likely) be within the same theme or color scheme. I will be posting lots of updates along the way so you can get a good idea what will be available well before the update.
...With that said, let me show you the beginnings of what will be in the March update...
I have continually received e-mails inquiring about the doll 'Dounia' that I made back in 2011. I understand her appeal; I have never been able to part with her. While I won't recreate any previous dolls that I've made (it would take away from the original being a one of a kind piece and it's just not enjoyable trying to recreate something I've already done), I have decided that the design of my current batch of mimics will use Dounia as a jumping off point. I am also pulling heavily from the overall atmosphere of this time of year and going with a color palette of oatmeal and charcoal. I have sculpted and molded a standard doll head for this batch of mimics. There are five mimics I am working on and one larger threadbare (she will measure about 18 inches). Enough chatter, on to pictures!
hand sewn & embroidered cloth limbs for the mimics
hand sewn & embroidered threadbare body