beginnings in umber
All of the vermilion + honey mimics have been sent on their merry way and now I can fully jump into a new project. In the last week or so I have been reevaluating what I have done in the first part of the year and how I want to move forward with the second half. When I originally started making mimics back in 2013, they were meant to be austere versions of my dolls so that I could have lower priced dolls as well as the more expensive one of a kind, original sculpt. This year I have moved away from that plan and made the mimics fall somewhere in the middle. While I don't mind that shift in the least and really enjoyed the sets I made this year, I want to change course a bit for the next update in September.
I will be making a set of more muted mimics as well as an original hand sculpted doll. I have really missed sculpting and I can feel my fingers losing their memory. These mimics will be all in the same fabrics, no embroidery and will be around half the cost of the previous mimic sets. Each will very slightly in hair fiber & style as well as face paint. I have almost finished a set of five legs, all dyed with that ever fragrant coffee + cinnamon... lending to this set being called umber.
Leave a Reply.